Wednesday, January 19, 2011

High Waist, a fad?

          High waist bottoms were a fad during the 1860's. Seriously, it would be hard to sell long high waist bottoms in 21st century. But how can we show teenagers or even middle-aged women (today) the high waist bottoms in a different light? I'm only 13 . . .but to me, high waist stuff seems like a good idea!
          Last year, my cousins and I raided our grandpa's shoe store where we found shoes (of course), second-hand CD's, bags and PANTS.
           "These racks are filled with high waist pants", my cousin observed. We scoured the racks for our sizes and found some. Since it was long pants, my cousin decided to cut it and fold the remaining cloth until it looked neat and until it was a few inches above the knees. 
It was a good idea. . . so I cut mine, too! 
             Every Wednesday at school is a washday. So today, I decided to wear my inspired high waist pants with a black belt. I tucked my printed blue shirt in and wore Converse shoes with pink stripes and colorful stars in it.


I'm after uniqueness!



I folded the ankle part because it was too long. 
It is a new style, too!


           One classmate told me, "Myles, you have a weird style but that's cool!" I was touched with her compliment! Maybe by the next Wednesday you'll find me wearing high waist pants again.
    
A Cherokee high waist bottom.
(The result of cutting the lower part and folding it twice or thrice)


    

No comments:

Post a Comment