Thursday, July 28, 2011

Conferences, Boring??

          The first time I heard the words, “Myles, you’re going to Cebu for a student conference,” from my mom I was super excited. I was like, Wow, I’m finally travelling and going out of town. And I totally forgot that I was going to a conference - not malls, hotels, and restaurants. But still I kept thinking of malls and all.
          Two weeks before the conference, we were reminded and followed up with our requirements then I got more excited. When I hear the word conference, I think BORING. But I gave it a chance anyway.
          So, there I was, waking up early in the morning preparing for the flight and waiting for my schoolmates. I was excited! I looked forward to the plane ride. And I brought all I had to bring – especially my camera.
          We arrived early in Cebu at around 7:30 am. The conference was to start by 3:30 pm.
          The conference was so far good. Then when the sessions, devotionals, and the debriefings began, it all came to me. God sent me there for His purpose, for a good reason. I have learned a lot more about Him and His words for us – as leaders in the school. The conference was a Christian conference. And I really loved it. I enjoyed listening to the word of God and feeling His presence there with me. I enjoyed the Christian environment and I enjoyed the bonding moments with my schoolmates. I got to know them better too!
          I have learned the importance of sharing the word of God and using your position as a President or even as a high school student to influence people around you. As leaders, we should be open to our members’ ideas and opinions. And that all our plans will be of success if we offer them all to God. And I believe I have changed since that conference. I look at leadership differently now. I believe I won as a secretary because God wants to use me mightily for His Glory.
          So, I thank God for sending me to Cebu for the best conference ever. And I thank my parents and my grandparents for supporting me. I thank Ms. Romina for her patience and for being there with us and for being a good influence to us! That was the best 3 days of my life, I’ll never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment