Tuesday, May 29, 2012

WHAT A SUMMER!



It's once again been so long since I posted an article. My summer has been so packed that's why! But packed summer days means NOT MUCH TV, NOT MUCH SITTING AROUND, NOT MUCH ME-TIME, NOT MUCH BLOGGING TIME, NOT MUCH PROCRASTINATING TIME. I find this awesome. I mean, I don't have to waste my time with TV, SITTING AROUND  & ME-TIME... Blogging is not a waste of time though. I actually learn a lot from writing posts. I get more conscious with my grammar. But enough of that!
This is how my summer went...

I teach piano to 6 to 14 year olds. And they made my summer packed! I teach 7 to 8 kids a day. One hour each. And it is exhausting at some point but I actually learned a lot! I learned to be patient and that kids don't get things easily. I learned how to manage my time and learn to talk to parents professionally. XP One parent actually thought I was 21 years old (but I'm only 15, shh!). That was cool though. Hahah!
But my piano teaching wasn't the only thing that completed my summer:


BOOT CAMP 2012 was like the best ever. Last May 15-19, 2012 was the BHCCCI BOOT CAMP held at Kaamulan, Bukidnon. We had 210 delegates from Cagayan de Oro. I woke up at around 5am excitement overwhelming me. I did last minute packing and my sisters and I were ready to go. We dropped by at Puerto for awhile to fetch our friends from Jasaan. And then we drove to the Rotonda (Paseo del Rio, CDO), where we and the delegates were to meet. We rode a jeepney the church rented for the camp. I saw familiar and unfamiliar faces in the public vehicle that we rode on (but not really public at that time because it was used for SUMMER CAMP transpo only.) As we drove through Manolo Fortich, we passed through the Mangima Canyon as well. I don't really know how to describe Mangima but I have heard that that place was a very accident prone area. Several buses have had accidents there already. Okay, anyway, my point is, we were one of the cars who have had an accident at the canyon. I really thought that never in my life would I get into an accident. But I did. With my sisters and my friends.

My older sister scraped her cheek because she wasn't able to hold on to anything when the vehicle tumbled. What was really fortunate for all of us was that the vehicle didn't fly through the canyon and past the railing. All of us were survivors and all of us remained calm. I was able to hold on to a post at the side of the vehicle. And when it started to fall, everything went slow motion. I saw my leg slowly slide down the floor. And according to the driver, the car tilted 2 times and in the 3rd time, we fell. God was there with us. Battling the evil schemes of the devil. The devil didn't want a BOOT CAMP to happen at all because he knew God would move in the lives of the young people participating in the camp.

After the wounded and injured were sent to the hospital, the others continued on to Kaamulan with hope and prayers with them. The staff who heard about the accident prayed for all the passengers as well. That was the time of faith and trial. God tested us all. And you know what? That accident made my faith grow stronger. And I learned to love God more and more and more because He let me continue on with the camp. I soon realized as I sat in the ambulance still stunned, that God didn't want me to die yet. He still has a plan for me. I cried and watched everyone in the ambulance. God moves in ways we cannot even see. I praise Him for that.

God was the center or the star of my summer! I actually think my summer was super sulit! I don't even think I needed more vacay days to complete it. :)

School year 2012-2013... HERE I COME!

No comments:

Post a Comment